First look at the Desktop will show:
- Taskbar - the taskbar will contain the start button, pinned icons for quick launches, the system tray and the display touch keyboard (for touch screen/tablets users)
- Background - can be personalised to the users preference and application icons and shortcuts
The Snap feature can be utilised to view programs side-by-side. It can be done by dragging the program to one end of the screen on the left or the right. To put it into full screen, you can just drag the window up to the top of the screen.
Some handy short-cuts to know:
- Windows key + M: minimises all open windows
- Windows key + D: opens all the windows and returns back to the last used window
- Windows key + E: opens up Windows Explorer